Following is a collection of resources and valuable information that you may find helpful. Please consult a healthcare provider or legal professional before following any medical or legal advice found on these and any other websites.
- Neurology Now, an official publication of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN), provides patients and their caregivers with credible, up-to-the-minute, balanced coverage of the latest advances in neurology research and treatment.
- American Chronic Pain Association - Since 1980, the ACPA has offered peer support and education in pain management skills to people with pain, family and friends, and health care professionals.
- American Academy of Pain Management - The American Academy of Pain Management (the Academy) is a non-profit organization that educates clinicians about pain and its management through an integrative interdisciplinary approach.
- Pain Management Specialists - Information on pain management for chronic back pain, pain management techniques, and pain management specialists
- A World of Information on Pain - Pain.com is a unique online resource offering the most up-to-date pain and pain management information on a variety of different topics written by medical professionals for both the consumer and healthcare specialist.
- List of Helpful Items for Those Living with Pain - "Here you will find a list of items that I have found to assist me as I have navigated a life of chronic pain. I am passing this forward in the hopes that something on the list might also help you gain some relief or happiness. I don't work for any of these companies, so I assure you I have no personal gain. I wish you the best in your journey!" - Ellen Icochea (Greater Metropolitan Washington Area Chapter)
- Accredited Online Colleges and Disability Education - As with the general population, the level of education and training after high school that a person with disabilities receives is a key factor in their ability to find work. This site contains information on finding an accredited online college.
- Refinance and Mortgage Guide for People with Disabilities - To provide the most relevant and essential resources needed to navigate the myriad of red tape and sometimes rigid processes regularly associated with real estate purchases.
- Social Security and Disability Resource Center - Provides a detailed overview of how the federal disability system works (social security disability and SSI) and also provides answers to many questions that applicants typically have, but often have trouble finding answers to. For the most part, the site is based on the author's personal experience as a former disability-medicaid caseworker, and also as a former disability examiner for the social security administration.
- The Invisible Disabilities Association (IDA) - Encourages, educates and connects people and organizations touched by illness, pain and disability around the globe. Formerly known as The Invisible Disabilities Advocate.
- Information for Americans with Disabilities - Connecting the disability community to information and opportunities
- Insurance Information Institute - Disability insurance information
- Americans with Disabilities Act - Your gateway to information about the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Social Security Disability Benefits - Get answers to many questions about Social Security disability benefits including how to find out if you are eligible, how to apply and the difference between SSDI and SSI.
- Benefits for People with Disabilities - The Social Security and Supplemental Security Income disability programs are the largest of several Federal programs that provide assistance to people with disabilities.
- National Organization on Disability - The National Organization on Disability (NOD) is a private, non-profit organization that promotes the full participation of America’s 54 million people with disabilities in all aspects of life.
- Office of Disability Employment Policy - The Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) provides national leadership on disability employment policy by developing and influencing the use of evidence-based disability employment policies and practices, building collaborative partnerships, and delivering authoritative and credible data on employment of people with disabilities.
- Hickman & Lowder Co., L.P.A. - Special Needs & Disability Attorneys - Hickman & Lowder is a group of lawyers impassioned by personal and professional experience to create a meaningful way to advocate for clients whose lives are complicated by special concerns. We have offices in Cleveland and Lorain County to serve you.
- How to Find a Disability Attorney - This information may help claimants with representation, as well as those who are not represented by an attorney or non attorney representative.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information Resources for Arnold Chiari Malformation - Genetics and Chiari malformation
- Wheelchair Guide - Independent consumers guide to wheelchairs, scooters & accessories
- Mobility Advisor - An educational guide on wheel chair options, mobility aids, disability resources, and recreational outlets that enhance the lives of individuals of all ages who need mobility assistance
- Adaptive Mobility Systems - Dedicated to educating their customers and making sure you get the accessible van that is right for your needs.
- DrugWatch - Comprehensive web site database featuring extensive information about thousands of different medications and drugs currently on the market or previously available worldwide. DrugWatch.com includes up-to-date information about prescription and over-the-counter medications and includes details about associated side effects to aid in the protection of patients and consumers.
- Patient AirLift Services - Patient AirLift Services (PALS) will arrange FREE air transportation for individuals in need of medical diagnosis, treatment of follow-up. Our network of volunteer pilots provide this FREE service using their own or rented aircraft without reimbursement or compensation. There is NEVER a charge for the services we provide. All patients need to be AMBULATORY, and able to fly in a general aviation unpressurized aircraft and enter/exit that aircraft with little or no help. Please call to see if you qualify for a flight 1-888-818-1231 or visit our website.
- Patient Airlift Services (PALS) Newsletter
- Access-Able Travel Source - Provides information about: disabled travel, wheelchair travel, disabled holidays, disability travel, handicapped travel, accessible travel, accessable travel, vacations for disabled, and mature travel.
- Disabled Travel Network - Accessible travel resources for wheelchair users and mobility-impaired people
- Society for Accessible Travel & Hospitality - The Society for Accessible Travel & Hospitality (SATH), founded in 1976, is an educational nonprofit membership organization whose mission is to raise awareness of the needs of all travelers with disabilities, remove physical and attitudinal barriers to free access and expand travel opportunities in the United States and abroad.
Links Disclaimer: Links of interest to other websites from this location are provided as an added value by the Chiari & Syringomyelia Foundation, Inc. By accessing the links from this site, you will be leaving CFS's web site. Although we have reviewed the information on these sites prior to creating the links, we are not responsible for the content of the sites. Information on these website pages may become dated or change without notice, and we do not represent or warrant the information contained on these linked pages as complete or accurate. Please be advised that you will no longer be subject to, or under the protection of, the privacy and security policies of CSF's website. We encourage you to read and evaluate the privacy and security policies on the site you are entering which may be different from those of CSF, Inc.